Qantas Frequent Flyer today announced it will introduce a suite of new benefits for members of its elite “Platinum One” flying tier.
Platinum One was introduced by Qantas Frequent Flyer in November 2011 to further reward its most high flying members. The Qantas Frequent Flyer program is the only airline loyalty program in Australia with a tier at this level.
The launch benefits were based around providing additional services and support to the most frequent flyers and included access to 24/7 support from a dedicated Platinum One team, early points upgrade processing, additional access to Classic Awards seats, complimentary exit row seating, Qantas epiQure membership and invitations to “money can’t buy” experiences ranging from intimate private concerts and backstage tours by world class performers to personal chef dinners and Qantas flight simulator sessions.
Following its successful launch and based on feedback from existing members, Platinum One members will receive additional perks from today including:
- Platinum membership for a spouse or de facto domestic partner. Platinum One members can nominate a partner to receive complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum status which includes benefits such as access to the Qantas International First Lounges and Domestic Business Lounges
- Waivers for any fare differential that might be payable at the airport to move to an earlier Qantas domestic flight when travelling on a flexible fare
- Booking fee waivers for new eligible commercial bookings when you book via telephone with Qantas
- Complimentary Qantas Golf Club Premium membership, with the Qantas Golf Club planned for launch this coming summer
- Double points earn with Qantas Restaurants
The CEO of Qantas Loyalty, Lesley Grant, said the changes are part of the ongoing evolution of the Platinum One tier.
“As an integrated airline loyalty program, Qantas Frequent Flyer is on a constant quest to make improvements to the recognition and reward sides of the program and our Platinum One members are top of mind for this.”
“These are our most frequent flyers, spending as much time in the air as they do on the ground. Feedback around the Platinum One tier has been that while the members themselves value the benefits and are always keen for more, they also value the opportunity to share the experiences with a partner. This is why we have decided to take it one step further by offering a highly desirable Platinum Qantas Frequent Flyer membership for their domestic partner.”
Other new benefits for Platinum One members include a bonus of 75,000 Qantas Points when they reach 5,000 Status Credits in a membership year flying with Qantas and Jetstar and a further 100,000 Qantas Points when they reach 7,000 Status Credits in a membership year flying with Qantas and Jetstar. The use of these points are at the members discretion. They can redeem them for flight upgrades, transfers to family members, flight and hotel bookings, wine from Qantas epiQure, or to buy gift vouchers, items or experiences from more than 3000 options available on the Qantas Store.
The additional benefits will be communicated to members today and also by Lesley Grant and the Qantas Loyalty leadership team in person to selected members as they embark on a national roadshow.
Over the next four weeks, the executives will travel around Australia providing a selection of members of Qantas Frequent Flyer and Aquire with a face-to-face update about the programs, with a dual objective to communicate recent program developments such as the launch of qantaspoints.com and the Qantas Golf Club, as well as seeking member feedback on what they would like to see from the programs.
The first event will be hosted in Sydney this evening, with a selection of members based in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra and Adelaide also invited to offer their opinions and insights on the Qantas Frequent Flyer and Aquire programs when the team visits their city.
For full details and terms and conditions on the new Platinum One benefits, go to qantas.com/platinumone .
About Qantas Frequent Flyer:
- The Qantas Frequent Flyer program was launched in 1987 and today has over 10 million members
- The Qantas Frequent Flyer program is the only airline program in Australia to have five tier levels
- The program has hundreds of partners, including airlines, hotels, financial institutions and retailers, and thousands of opportunities to earn and use Qantas Points
- Over 6.2 million rewards were redeemed by members in FY14
- The online Qantas Store offers more than 3,000 products
- Qantas Loyalty is 100% owned by Qantas Airways