Qantas will increase its services to Queenstown during the Easter school holidays and peak ski season.
Currently operating three flights per week between Sydney and Queenstown, Qantas will add an extra service per week to support demand over the Easter school holidays and support the Queenstown ski season with daily flights from July through to the end of August.
Qantas will also operate a twice-weekly service between Brisbane and Queenstown on Wednesday and Saturday from 8 June to 26 September.
Adding more than 1,000 seats each week during the ski season, the additional* services will be operated by Qantas’ fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft and offer inflight entertainment, food and wine and checked luggage as part of our full service offering.
The additional services from Sydney will commence on 29 March and finish on 11 October 2015.
The amended schedule from Sydney to Queenstown as follows:
- 29 March – 26 April: 4 per week (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 27 April – 31 May: 3 per week (Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 1 June – 05 July: 5 per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 6 July – 30 August: Daily
- 31 August – 4 October: 5 per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 5 October – 11 October: 4 per week (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 12 October – 24 October: 3 per week (Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday)
The Qantas Group currently operates more than 200 flights each week between Australia and New Zealand.
*operated by Jetconnect for Qantas