Readers of Premier Traveler magazine have voted oneworld “Best Airline Alliance” in the magazine’s Best of 2013 readers’ survey.
This latest honour gives oneworld an unprecedented virtual clean sweep of premier “best alliance” titles, with seven “best alliance” trophies presented in the past year in the top international airline industry consumer award schemes.
This comes as oneworld undergoes the biggest expansion programme in its history.
Already in the past year, oneworld has been named best airline alliance in:
- The 2013 World Airline Awards, staged by the Skytrax airline quality ratings agency.
- Business Traveller’s 2013 Awards.
- Global Traveler’s GT Tested Reader Survey 2012 Awards for the third year running.
- World Travel Awards 2012 for the 10th consecutive year.
- Australian Business Traveller 2012 for the second year running.
- The 2012 debut alliance Flight Stats On-Time Performance Awards.
The Premier Traveler award will be presented at a ceremony in Los Angeles in early December, when details of individual airline winners will be announced. It is the first time that oneworld has gained the magazine’s “best alliance” award.
oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice airline alliance for frequent international travelers, just the kind of people who read Premier Traveler magazine, so we are delighted that they have given oneworld first place billing in their Best of 2013 survey, giving oneworld a clean sweep of all the major ‘best alliance’ titles over the past year. We are honoured.”