oneworld® has been named the Best Airline Alliance in Global Traveler magazine’s 2014 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the fifth year in a row.
Global Traveler describes its GT Tested awards as “the Super Bowl of travel” with “oneworld the quarterback of the team, shining as Best Airline Alliance for the fifth year in a row. Its team members are definitely an elite squad”.
Retaining this honour means that oneworld continues to hold an unprecedented six of the eight leading international “best airline alliance” awards, as also:
- Skytrax’s World’s Best Airline Alliance 2014 for the second year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2014 Best Airline Alliance for the second year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2013, for the 11th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2013 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance.
- Air Transport News’ Best Airline Alliance 2014.
oneworld member airlines also flew high in the 2014 GT Tested Reader Survey. American Airlines picked up two awards – for Best Frequent Flyer Elite Level Progamme and Best Airline for New Service Launch, for its inauguration of flights between its Dallas/Fort Worth hub and Shanghai Pudong. LAN Airlines was named Best Airline to South America, with TAM Airlines runner-up.