- Qantas and Jetstar customers given option to cancel flights and receive travel credit
- Applies to customers with existing and new bookings on domestic and international flights
- Offer available until 31 March 2020 for travel up to 31 May 2020.
Qantas and Jetstar have introduced greater flexibility for customers wishing to change their travel plans, following increased travel restrictions being implemented by various governments around the world due to the evolving Coronavirus situation.
These changes apply to all domestic and international flights for Qantas, QantasLink and Jetstar (including Jetstar domestic services in New Zealand and Jetstar Asia’s flights between Darwin and Singapore).
Customers with existing bookings on any domestic or international flight until 31 May 2020, who no longer wish to travel, can cancel their flight and retain the value of the booking as a travel credit voucher. This needs to be processed by 31 March 2020.
Travel credit vouchers can be used for travel on any domestic or international flights. Qantas and Jetstar will waive the change fee once customers are ready to rebook.
- For Qantas customers, travel credit can be redeemed for travel for up to 12 months from the original booking.
- For Jetstar customers, travel vouchers can be redeemed in one booking only within 6 months of issue, for travel within 12 months of new booking date.
Qantas Frequent Flyers who have booked classic redemption flights on Qantas, Jetstar and all partner airlines, and no longer wish to travel, will have change fees waived.
To provide customers with greater flexibility and confidence when they book, customers who make a new domestic or international booking and later decide they no longer wish to travel, can cancel their flight and retain the value of the booking as a Qantas travel credit or Jetstar travel voucher.
This applies to bookings made from 10 March 2020 until 31 March 2020 for travel before 31 May 2020. This policy supersedes the previous policy to waive change fees announced on 10 March.
The same conditions apply for the vouchers as existing bookings (outlined above).
ADVICE FOR CUSTOMERS
Customers should not call the contact centres. Due to high demand, we are experiencing long call wait times.
To access this offer:
- Qantas customers should visit Manage Booking on Qantas.com, select ‘Cancel’ and then ‘Voucher’.
- From 9am tomorrow Monday 16 March 2020, Jetstar customers should go to Manage My Booking on Jetstar.com. Please do not call the Jetstar contact centre before that time should you need further assistance.
If flights were booked through a travel agency or third-party website (eg. Webjet, Booking.com), customers will need to contact them directly to make changes to their booking.
Comments from Qantas Group Chief Customer Officer Stephanie Tully:
“Following the introduction of increased travel restrictions from governments around the world, Qantas and Jetstar are introducing greater flexibility for customers booked on all domestic and international flights.
“We understand that some customers would prefer not to travel at the moment.
“We have removed the standard change fees, where it applies, and are giving customers the option to cancel their flight and receive a travel voucher that can be used anywhere on our network at a later date.
“Travel restrictions are being introduced by governments to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, not because of the risk of contracting the virus on a flight.
“Medical experts, including Australia’s Chief Medical Officer and the World Health Organisation, continue to advise that it continues to be safe to fly and the risk of contracting the Coronavirus on an aircraft remains low.”