Qantas has launched, Qantas Airways, a new iPhone app, which makes it easier for customers to manage travel, save time and money.
Providing a smart and personalised service, the app lets Qantas customers for the first time, buy airfares, book a hotel, view their Frequent Flyer points and check-in – all from one location.
Qantas Domestic Chief Executive Officer Lyell Strambi said the app, which was developed for Qantas Frequent Flyers, business customers and those looking for affordable airfares, makes planning a trip convenient, simple and tailored to each customer.
“Our new iPhone app will make it easier to book flights, reduce queuing at airports and ensure that customers are aware of the best deals for their next trip,” Mr Strambi said.
“The app also allows customers to create personalised sale alerts that flag fares in their price range or destinations of interest when they become available.
“Snapping up a sale fare can be as simple as clicking on the alert and social media integration means sharing new and discounted fares with friends and family is simple too.
“Domestic travellers can even use the new app to check-in – avoiding queues and removing any need to print a booking confirmation at home or boarding pass at the airport.
“All Qantas customers need to get to their next destination is an iPhone and the new Qantas iPhone app.”
Mr Strambi said the app would be a great asset for Qantas’ over 9 million Frequent Flyers.
“Qantas’ app for iPhone gives Frequent Flyers a portal to monitor their points balance, view upcoming flights at a glance and make bookings easily with user recognition. This helps keep regular customers on the move informed and up-to-date,” he said.
- Access new travel deals and discounts
- Search and book flights quickly and securely
- Search and book from your choice of over 100,000 hotels
- Create personalised sale alerts (with the option to be alerted by price preference and/or destination)
- Check-in for most domestic flights
- Locate lounges and search lounge facilities across the network
- Share deals and discounts with friends and family easily via social media
- Log-in as a Frequent Flyer to view points balance and next flight information at a glance
- Access up to the minute flight status information
The Qantas app for iPhone is available now for free in the iTunes App Store. An Android Version will be released later in this year. Other Qantas apps on the market include the Qantas Frequent Flyer app that helps Frequent Flyers locate Qantas Frequent Flyer partners on the go and Qantas’ inflight magazine Qantas The Australian Way, is also available for iPads.